Tracks / Musicians|
The tracks and performers on this release are;
Brown Eyed Women is taken from the May 4, 1977 show at the Palladium, NYC. The musicians involved are;
- He Bite Me - The Meters
- Wake Up And Live - Bob Marley and The Wailers
- Bra - Cymande
- Even After All - Finley Quaye
- Brother John - The Wild Tchoupitoulas
- Dudley's Kitchen - String Cheese Incident
- State Dependent Thinking - BC Smith & Bill Frisell
- Brown Eyed Women - Grateful Dead
- I've Enjoyed About As Much As I Can Take - Acetone
- Song For a Blue Guitar - Red House Painter
- Red Clay - Freddie Hubbard
- Gross Polluter - Vinyl
- Good Cop, Bad Cop - Living Daylights
- Can't Find My Way Home - Blind Faith
The band put together to provide the original music for the movie, including the track State Dependent Thinking included on this CD, comprised;
- Jerry Garcia - guitar, vocals
- Donna Godchaux - vocals
- Keith Godchaux - keyboards
- Mickey Hart - drums
- Bill Kreutzmann - drums
- Phil Lesh - bass, vocals
- Bob Weir - guitar, vocals
- Bill Frissell - guitar
- Brad Houser - bass
- ? Skerik - saxophone, organ
- Ben Smith - drums
- Tor Dietrichson - tabla
For the soundtrack CD;
For the movie;
- Executive producer, compiler - Charles Raggio
- Producer - Chris Chappell
- Associate producer - Kim Michalowski
- Mastering - Ed Brooks
- Archivist for Brown Eyed Women - John Trevor
- Photography - Elizabeth Comerford
- Graphic design - Sasha Lannon
- Special thanks - Caroline Welch, Alan Trist, Jan Simmons, Gary Lambert, Steve Silberman, David Gans, Noel Grey, Elena Chieffo, Lee Townsend, David Gross, Beth Montuori, Mark Ashmun, Ric Vaughan
- Starring - Devon Sawa, Bill Smitrovich, Tara Reid, Eric Mabius, Colman Domingo, Charlayne Woodard
- casting - Jory Weitz
- Production design - David Lubin
- Costume design - Chris Aysta
- Musical Supervision - Charles Raggio
- Original score composer - BC Smith
- Film editor - Brian Berdan
- Director of photography - Eliot Rockett
- Co-producer - Beth Cohen
- Associate producer - Lance Rosen
- Executive producer - Paradigm Studios
- Writer, producer - John Comerford, Tommy Rosen
- Director - John Jacobsen
State Dependent Thinking was written and recorded for the movie soundtrack.
Brown Eyed Women, Gross Polluter and Good Cop Bad Cop are previously unreleased tracks.
All other tracks have been previously released.
The movie Around The Fire has been released on video and DVD;
Prior to the filming of this movie the following was posted on rec.music.gdead and circulated elsewhere.
"Around The Fire", the movie, needs you now!!!
"Around The Fire", a movie being filmed this week about our scene and
community, needs 100 extras for filming tonight at the Henry J. Kaiser
Auditorium in Oakland from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. The first 100 people to
show up Sunday night will be paid $50! Pay is for Sunday only. No
need to call, just show up.
Extras and vendors are also needed throughout the coming week for
filming at Stafford Lake in Novato.
On Monday night, they will be throwing a big bash before the big
outdoor concert scene shoot starts on Tuesday morning. There will be
live music Monday night by Zigaboo Modeliste (former drummer for The
Meters). There will be real camping and vending. You can begin
arriving as early as noon on Monday and set up your tent, if you want
On Tuesday morning, it is an 8 a.m. call/shoot and will go until 6
p.m. 300 - 500 extras are needed for the filming on Tuesday. If you
don't want to camp Monday night, you can still show up by 8 a.m.
Tuesday morning. The Webs will be playing Tuesday night.
Wednesday through Friday they will be shooting "Vendorville" scenes, a
re-creation of the parking lot scene. 200 extras are needed per day.
Wednesday night Blew Willie will be playing and Crazy From The Heat
(let's hope we're not!) will play Thursday night. Friday night they
will strike the set at dusk and there will not be any live music.
You can choose to participate just one day, several days or all days,
whatever fits into your schedule.
Please bring a few changes of clothing as there will be more than one
concert scene shot. Bring your best, brightest and most colorful
hippie clothes. Bring drinks and snacks. Vendor food will be
available from The Casbah. Please remember it will most likely be hot
and sunny, so be prepared. And be ready to dance and have fun! :-)
Directions to the Stafford Lake site:
Highway 101 to the Atherton/San Marin Dr. exit in Novato. Go west on
San Marin Dr. - right turn from the north, left turn from the south -
duh! :-). Go 1.5 mi. to Novato Blvd. Go right on Novato Blvd. 3 to 4
miles to Stafford Lake Park. The park entrance is on the left. Look
for the "Around The Fire" signs and follow the signs.
Please feel free to (and please do) forward this.