Joe Craven & The SometimersInitial release : 2018
Blender Logic Arts
An album of Garcia / Hunter songs plus a few others from the Jerry Garcia repertoire.
- Franklin's Tower
- Crazy Fingers
- Russian Lullaby
- Help on the Way & Slipknot
- China Doll
- Shady Grove
- I Know You Rider
- Scarlet Begonias
- Friend of the Devil
- Joe Craven – mandolin, fiddle, percussion, vocals
- Jonathan Stoyanoff – electric basses, vocals
- Bruce MacMillan – guitars, dobro, vocals
- Barry Eldridge – drums, percussion
- Hattie Craven – harmony vocals
- Recording, mixing - David Jonathan
- Mastering - David Jonathan
- Photography - Pamella Craven
- CD artwork - Joe and Pamella Craven
- Thank you: Steve O’Neill of Foxtail Sound, David Grisman, Larry Graff, Matt Hartle, Rodger Sideman, and all our families and fans for their support.
Joe Craven notes in the CD:
Jerry once told me, ‘no matter where it comes from – you gotta make the music your own’. In fact, he and David both followed that tenant in more than one project together. As percussionist and fiddler for Garcia / Grisman, I was privileged to experience that process first hand. On this recording, Joe Craven & The Sometimers also take that path with our own interpretation of music that Jerry recorded and performed. Whether his own compositions, with lyricist Robert Hunter, The Grateful Dead, or other projects and collaborations, the vast musical landscape of the vernacular was indeed attractive to Jerry.
I did not grow up a Deadhead, but my brief time with Jerry gave me an unexpected and unique understanding of the man and the music. His legacy continues to inspire and, like many, I’m more grateful than ever before.
Thank you Jerry
Thank you David
| Buy from amazon.com|