- The Twilight Zone '85 Main Title (Grateful Dead) (1)
- Suite From 'Nightcrawlers' (Merl Saunders / Philip DeGuerre / Grateful Dead )
- I Of Newton (Grateful Dead) (1)
- Children's Zoo (Grateful Dead)
- Can She Type? (Grateful Dead)
- Suite From 'The Shadow Man' (Grateful Dead) (2)
- Suite From 'The Misfortune Cookie' (Merl Saunders)
- Kentucky Rye - Part I (Grateful Dead / Merl Saunders)
- Kentucky Rye - Part II (Grateful Dead / Merl Saunders)
- Kentucky Rye - Part III (Grateful Dead / Merl Saunders)
- The Twilight Zone '85 End Credits (Grateful Dead) (1)
- incorporating the original Twilight Zone Theme composed by Marius Constant
- incorporating 'Hold On To That Feeling' composed by Evy McPherson, Merl Saunders and Marina Zachau
Detailed musician information is not provided with the CD release of the music. The musicians primarily involved are;
Guest on Suite From 'Nightcrawlers' ;
Clearly other musicians are involved on some tracks. Details will be added when known.
- Merl Saunders
- Jerry Garcia
- Mickey Hart
- Bill Kreutzmann
- Phil Lesh
- Brent Mydland
- Merl Saunders
- Bob Weir
The album carries the following dedication;
- Music composed, produced and performed by - The Grateful Dead and Merl Saunders
- Music supervision - Robert Drasnin
- Album producer - Ford A Thaxton
- Project supervision - Yusuf Gandhi
- Digital editing and mastering - James Nelson at Digital Outland and Bob Fisher at Digital Domain
- Album notes - Chris Landry
- Artwork, design - Madhukar Dhas
- Thanks to - Marty Garcia, Leslie Berra, Cindy Badell-Slaughter, Stephen Davison and the UCLA Music Library, Tim Edwards, Robert Drasnin and the staff at CBS Entertainments and CBS Broadcast International
This album is dedicated to the memory of Rod Serling and Jerry Garcia, two men who have gone beyond The Twilight Zone far too soon.
The original Twilight Zone was produced between 1959 and 1964.
CBS produced a new series of the Twilight Zone in 1985 with a new title theme composed by the Grateful Dead and episodic music scored by the Grateful Dead, individual members of the Dead and Merl Saunders.
The CD notes suggest that further volumes will be released, presumably if this volume is financially successful.
The three series of the Twilight Zone broadcast in the 1980's are available on DVD sets;
Part of the Grateful Dead's theme music for new version of The Twilight Zone was included on;