Dick's Picks, Volume Fifteen
Grateful DeadInitial release : October 1999
Grateful Dead Records GDCD-4035
Three CD set recorded live on September 3, 1977 in Englishtown, NJ.
- Introduction by John Scher
- Promised Land (Chuck Berry)
- They Love Each Other (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Me and My Uncle (Phillips)
- Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Looks Like Rain (Bob Weir / John Barlow)
- Peggy-O (Traditional arr. Grateful Dead)
- New Minglewood Blues (Traditional arr. Grateful Dead)
- Friend Of The Devil (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter / John Dawson)
- The Music Never Stopped (Bob Weir / John Barlow)
- Bertha (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Good Lovin' (Resnick / Clark)
- Loser (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Estimated Prophet (Bob Weir / John Barlow)
- Eyes Of The World (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Samson and Delilah (Traditional arr. Bob Weir)
- He's Gone (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Not Fade Away (Petty / Hardin)
- Truckin' (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter / Phil Lesh / Bob Weir)
- Terrapin Station (Jerry Garcia / Robert Hunter)
- Jerry Garcia - lead guitar, vocals
- Donna Jean Godchaux - vocals
- Keith Godchaux - keyboards
- Mickey Hart - drums
- Bill Kreutzmann - drums
- Phil Lesh - electric bass, vocals
- Bob Weir - rhythm guitar, vocals
- Recorded by - Betty Cantor-Jackson
- Tape Archivist - Dick Latvala
- CD Mastering - Jeffrey Norman
- Ferromagnetist - John Cutler
- Design - Gecko Graphics
- Photography - Jim Anderson, John Oliver, GD Archives
- Liner notes - Martha Megill (from Asbury Park Press 9.6.77)
- Recorded live on September 3, 1977 at the Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ
The CD booklet includes the following;
People of Earth...
The rear cover of Dick's Picks 15 carries the following message.
Greetings from the great beyond. I am contacting you at this time to assure you that all is well and to let you know that Dick's Picks shall continue in my absence just as before. My plans for future releases are well known to my teammates and they have sworn with their blood to remain true to the cause. I hope this release will alleviate any doubts concerning my posthumous powers.
The Archivist formerly known as Dick
This release was digitally mastered directly from the original tapes. It is a snapshot of history, not a modern professional recording, and may therefore exhibit some minor technical anomalies and the unavoidable effects of the ravages of time.
The rear cover of Dick's Picks, Vol. 1 carried a similar message and also a message briefly explaining the reason for the Dick's Picks series;
Dick's Picks differs from our From The Vault series in that we simply did not have access to complete shows (nor the modern mixing capabilities afforded by multitrack tapes) But we think the historical value and musical quality of these tapes more than compensates for any technical anomalies... In other words what you hear is what you get. And what you get ain't bad!
Dick's Picks 15 was made available as a digital download from Grateful Dead Productions in November, 2005
Dick's Picks 15 was released for the regular retail market by Real Gone Music in September 2014.
For information about other releases that include music from this period see the 1977 section of the Dead by Date page.
Dick's Picks is a series of archive releases. For a complete list of releases in the series see the Dick's Picks page.
|Buy from amazon.com|
Buy Real Gone Music release