The exact line-up of musicians on these tracks is not known.
The musicians involved in the recording of the Old and In The Way album were;
The musicians involved in the recording of the Keith and Donna album were;
- Jerry Garcia - banjo, vocals
- David Grisman - mandolin, vocals
- Peter Rowan - guitar, vocals
- Vassar Clements - fiddle
- John Kahn - acoustic bass
- Donna Godchaux - vocals
- Keith Godchaux - keyboards, vocals
- Jerry Garcia - guitars, vocals
- Denny Seiwell - drums
- Chrissy Stewart - bass
- Brian Godchaux - violin on Every Song I Sing
- Merl Saunders - organ on Sweet Baby
- Bernard Purdie - drums on River Deep, Mountain High
- John Kahn - bass on River Deep, Mountain High
- Jim Brereton - drums on Farewell Jack
- Bill Wolf - bass on Farewell Jack
One of three sampler EPs sent to Deadheads to promote Round Records releases. This sampler was distributed, along with the third sampler featuring selections from Tiger Rose and Seastones, with the February 1975 Round Records Mailer. This newsletter included the following information.
Enclosed you'll find samplers of our new offerings. This time they're really collector's items since only the Old & In The Way cuts are the same as the ones on the album.
The "Keith & Donna" sampler contains what's called a rough mix of "Every Song I Sing" in order to show how vastly different a final mix is from a rough. The album has 9 songs; 7 written and produced by Keith & Donna and features performances of a bunch of our old friends like Garcia, Merl Saunders, John Kahn and a host of new friends all listed clearly on the back of the album.
We hope you'll enjoy these samplers. Last time we mailed out free samplers so many people wrote to say thanks it thrilled us (a mail truck came to our office with a truck load of thanks). Now, however, with the Dead off the road and the necessary personnel cutbacks we can't handle the thank you notes.
Instead of writing us, please just play these sides for 15 people who haven't heard them; have a party'
The Old and In The Way tracks were released on;
The Keith and Donna Godchaux track is a rough mix of the track that was released on;
The other two sampler EPs released at the same time as this were;